Compensation & the WWW

Dan Smith DJS at ALLP.COM
Mon Mar 11 12:53:00 EST 1996

Are others out there having problems accessing the internet address below?
/Dan Smith
djs at allp.com
{Subject: Compensation & the WWW
{Date: Friday, March 08, 1996 2:27PM
{
{Recently, I wrote a short informal paper on compensation for distribution
{some clinical laboratories doing 3-color work for an ACTG trial.  I decided
{base my first entry into the magic kingdom of Web Pages on this...  it
quickly
{ballooned into a fuller presentation of "what is compensation", "how does
{compensation work", etc., along with examples of poor compensation, hints
for
{proper compensation, even a recipe...
{
{The pages can be accessed through the URL
{        "http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~roederer/compensation"
{(use all lower-case letters; unfortunately, this is on a UNIX-server, which
is
{case-sensitive).
{
{There are two main "threads"--the informal discussion that is aimed at less
{technically-oriented operators, as well as a more rigorous treatment that
{provides additional examples and even a little mathematics.
{
{It's my hope that this can be an educational tool for new users as well as
{established operators; I appreciate any feedback that the community might
{provide.
{
{mr
{