HP- IBM data transfer

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. haviland at kids.wustl.edu
Wed Mar 6 14:24:36 EST 1996

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Maurizio Mezzetti wrote:

> This is to thank everybody for answering so quickly to the problem regarding
> HP- IBM data transfer (that's the power of new communication media!). As for
> the use of the FACSNET, which a lot of people seem to have adopted we have
> already evaluated this solution but if we can rid of HP so far so good, and
> by the way, BDIS is not at all wanting to give it us for free.We are going
> to contact the other software houses that some of you suggested.

Greeting fellow "cytometrists"...
This may be a bit silly, but is there a reason why hooking the two
machines through a null-modem cable and communications software wouldn't
work for this purpose?  For example, just have both machines run Kermit
or Procomm and be connected serially with a null-modem cable?

Just a thought.
David
+  David L. Haviland, Ph.D.          .***.           .***.   .***.        +
+  Washington Univ. School of Med  * | | | *       * | | | * | | | *      +
+  Dept. of Peds./Pulm. Box 8116      *| | | *   * | | | *   * | | | *    +
+  One Children's Place                * | | | * | | | *       * | | | *  +
+  St. Louis, MO  63110                  '***'   '***'           '***'    +
+  Internet:"haviland at kids.wustl.edu"                                     +
+  Voice: 314-454-6076  FAX: 314-454-6076                                 +
+                 Will clone and sequence genes for food.                 +