Paraffin-emb.tissue for DNA analysis

LI-JUN.MI@ccmail.med.nyu.edu LI-JUN.MI at ccmail.med.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 6 09:02:00 EST 1996

     Hi, Mike:

     I am not sure whether it is the 'best procedure', it has been commonly
     used though.  Please get the article by Hedley, DW., et al. Method for
     analysis of cellular DNA content of paraffin-embedded pathological
     material using flow cytometry. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 31: 1333-5,
     1983.

     It may also depend on what kind of tissue and cell you are using.  For
     instance, we used to do DNA analysis by flow cytometry in
     formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded liver biopsy tissue using this
     method with modifications. It was described in Mi, L-J., et al., DNA
     ploidy analysis of hepatic preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions in
     woodchucks experimentally infected with woodchuck hepatitis virus.
     Hepatology, 20: 21-29, 1994.

     If you have more questions, I would be glad to be of further
     assistance.

     Good luck.

     Li-Jun Mi
     Tel. (212)263-8546