CD45RO

Jacek Witkowski jawit at amedec.amg.gda.pl
Tue Jan 23 08:03:31 EST 1996

Davin:

> One of our investigators ask me question about percent CD45RO+ cells
> in mouse PBL.  I couldn't think off the top, the percent.  Could someone
> help me on this before I have to go hit the literature.

CD45RO+ cells in mice serve mostly as memory cells. The numbers of memory
cells increase with advancing age,depending on animal history (mostly
conventional vs. specific pathogen - free housing. I do not have figures for
PBL at hand, but for the murine spleen T cells it varies from  around 20% in
the young (3 mo) to more than 60% in old SPF mice (say 2 years old).

Hope this helps -

Jacek