Clumping, Tetko Mesh

IFORW@delphi.com IFORW at delphi.com
Tue Nov 28 22:40:25 EST 1995

>  Can you post a phone number and address for Tetko please?  Thanks
>
>  Dave Gebhard
>  Director FACS/ Oligonucelotide Synthesis Facilities
>  Albert Einstein College of Medicine
>  1300 Morris Park Avenue
>  Bronx, New York 10461
>  718-430-2724/ 3573

avoid problems with clumping).  Tetko sells nylon mesh that is useful for
filtering cell suspensions prepared from various tissues before the cells
are stained for flow cytometry.  A filtering step can remove troublesome
large cell clumps that may later clog up the plumbing of your flow
cytometer.

           Tetko, Inc.
           111 Calumet Street
           Depew, NY  14043
           Phone Number:  716-683-4050

The nylon mesh I have used for filtering suspensions of mouse thymus,
spleen, lymph nodes, and epidermis is #3-85/44.  The 85 is the average pore
size of the mesh in microns.  I cut squares of the mesh that measure about
3 cm on each side, fold the squares into a cone shape, and tape these mesh
cones into small plastic funnels (these can be autoclaved if you are doing
sterile work).  The funnels are put on top of conical tubes and cells are
pipetted through the mesh to remove the clumps.  The cost for this nylon
mesh is $34.50 per yard of a 40-42 inch wide roll.

Ifor Williams, M.D., Ph.D.    | E-mail #1: iforw at delphi.com
Assistant Professor           | E-mail #2: irwilliams at bics.bwh.harvard.edu
Division of Dermatology       | Phone: 617-278-0307
Brigham and Women's Hospital  | Fax:   617-278-0305
75 Francis St.                |
Boston, MA 02115              |