CELLQUEST

mdemaria@warren.med.harvard.edu mdemaria at warren.med.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:37:38 EST 1995

Hello everyone,

    I know there have been recent discussions on certain Cellquest bugs and I
was wondering if anyone has ever experienced the following:

    We were aquiring a series of samples using Cellquest on a FACS Vantage. It
took about 20 minutes to run the entire set. During aquisition, all samples had
appropriate staining patterns when looking at FL4 vs FL5. However, when we went
to analyze the samples, 3 out of the 15 samples had randomly changed all the
parameters. FL4 and FL5 staining was lost, FSC and SSC even were lost. We
discovered that FL4 was now in FL2 and FL5 was in FL4 and we could not find FSC
or SSC. We can't understand this because all samples were run at the same time
and it was not done in 3 consecutive samples but rather at random.

    This happened 2 days in a row.

Thanks everyone,

MaryAnn DeMaria
Harvard Medical School
New England Regional Primate Research Center
508-624-8029