Reticulocyte pipetting and sed rates

ABBOTT_DAVID_L_JR@Lilly.com ABBOTT_DAVID_L_JR at Lilly.com
Tue Sep 28 09:17:00 EST 1993

We are developing an automated procedure for preparing flow cytometric
reticulocyte samples using a Tecan model RSP 505. Has anyone performed
experiments to determine the effects of atypical sed rates on
automatically pipetted reticulocyte samples? The Tecan senses the liquid
surface and aspirates just below the surface. We are preparing to induce
high sed rates (by adding fibrinogen) in the beagle dog in vitro and
compare reticulocyte results through 30 minutes, if necessary. We are
using Retic-COUNT (thiazole orange) reagent and a FACScan flow
cytometer. Comments, suggestions?

Regards,
David Abbott
Tele 317 277-4883