No subject

Christopher A. Worth CAWORT01 at ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU
Thu Aug 26 15:55:18 EST 1993

*** Resending note of 08/26/93 09:06
 Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 09:06:03 EDT
 From: <SMTP at ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU>
 To: <CAWORT01 at ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU>
 Subject: Undeliverable Mail

 ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
     <paul at flowcyt.purdue.edu>
 550 Host 'flowcyt.purdue.edu' Unknown

            ** Text of Mail follows **
 Date:         Thu, 26 Aug 93  09:05:43 EDT
 From:         "Christopher A. Worth" <CAWORT01 at ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU>
 Subject:      Re:      pathworks etc.
 To:           <paul at flowcyt.purdue.edu>

 Biomedical Engineer, BCC
 Phone: (502)588-7191
 Paul,

 I did run into a coulter employee on one of the OS/2 forums and we emailed fro
  time to time.  coulter was/is looking at OS/2.  They did look at windoze NT
 and punted. A windoze interface would be too slow to collect data in the amoun
 s that a cytometer generates, unless a move to a much faster CPU is made. sinc
  it rides on top of DOS there just is another layer of crap that has to be pro
 essed.  an OS/2 cytometer would be the way to go.  I could format backup tapes
,
  collect data and create graphics during a sort when little workstation time i
  needed.  Also, there wouldn't be the limits on the memory that we have now.
  hope coulter will get their act together, but like you said it isn't likely.
 've use a FACSCAN a little bit and it is so unbelievably slow that If coulter
 created a slicker program I think they could clobber BD.

 gotta go,
 chris

 Avoid the Darkside, Use OS/2 2.1
 These are my opinions, get your own.  If I wanted your opinion
 I would squeeze one out of your computer.