[Csc] CSC18 Local Information

Pothen, Alex apothen at purdue.edu
Thu May 31 09:47:10 EDT 2018

Dear All,

This is to let you know that the local information for the CSC18 workshop is now posted at http://www.csc-research.org/CSC18/csc18cfp.html
The meeting is held in Bergen, Norway on June 6th through June 8th.

We have an exciting program including three invited presenters: Sherry Li, Åke Björck, and Alex Pothen.

It is still possible to join the conference if you have not already signed up.
We have received some requests about bringing a companion to the conference dinner. Please inform me as soon as possible if you wish to do so. The price of an extra dinner ticket has not yet been fixed and will depend on the demand. I will get back with information about this as soon as I have a clearer view of how many are interested.

At the moment the forecast for next week is looking reasonably good: https://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Hordaland/Bergen/Bergen/long.html?spr=eng
Be forewarned that this might change. You should bring a warm fleece and preferably also a jacket that can withstand both wind and some rain. The barbecue on Wednesday and the boat trip to the dinner on Thursday will be outdoors and can be windy, so be prepared.

If you have any other questions please contact me directly.

Looking forward to seeing you in Bergen!

Fredrik Manne
Organizing Chair