[Csc] Call for Papers: First International Workshop on Container Technologies and Container Clouds

Michela Taufer taufer at udel.edu
Tue Jan 6 19:44:31 EST 2015

Call for Papers

WoC: First International Workshop on Container Technologies and
Container Clouds

March 9-13, 2015, Tempe, AZ, USA

In conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Conference on
Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2015)
- http://conferences.computer.org/IC2E/2015/index.htm

Please consider submitting in progress papers on Containers at the
First International Workshop on Container Technologies and Container
Clouds (WoC). Lightweight Operating System Containers like Docker are
creating storms in the Cloud. They are likely to transform the
computing industry as we know in the next few years. This first
workshop on container technology and container cloud invites papers
and demo’s on fundamentals of containers, their use in various
commercial and scientific fields, and on the container deployment and
orchestration technologies to enable container cloud platforms. We
solicit papers from academia, industry partners, and practitioners to
join the discuss on containers and to bring their ideas to bridge the
gap between containers and what it would take to make them the engines
of next generation cloud computing.

Topics of interested include but are not limited to:
* Fundamental issues with Containers
* Operating system extensions to enable flexible containers
* Container Security, Isolation and Performance
* Convergence of fields like HPC, Big Data, and Cloud using Containers
* Containers vs Virtual Machines
* Workloads leveraging Containers
* Orchestration Technologies for Containers
* Hardware exploitation for Containers and Containerized Workloads
* New Programming Models Enabled by Containers

Key Dates:
* Submission Deadline: Jan 15, 2015
* Author Notification: Jan 25, 2015
* Camera-ready Deadline: Feb 1, 2015

Organizers and Program Committee:
* PC Chair: Seetharami R. Seelam, IBM T. J. Watson Research
* Publicity Chair: I-Hsin Chung, IBM T. J. Watson Research
* Ming Zhao, Florida International University
* Che-Rung Lee, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
* Wei Tang, Argonne National Laboratory
* Paolo Dettori, IBM T. J. Watson Research
* Michela Taufer, University of Delaware

Submissions:
Since this is a rapid evolving field, we are accepting papers and
presentations in multiple formats. Perspective authors and presenters
can send their proposal as a technical paper, as a 1-2 page abstract,
or a set of presentation slides. We want to make this venue accessible
both for academic work as well as for industry participants so we
encourage experience reports for presentation. The presentation
material will be available on this site during and after the
workshop. Please send your submissions to sseelam at us.ibm.com. We
appreciate your interest in this important field.

Contact for further information: Seetharami R. Seelam, IBM T. J. Watson
Research (sseelam at us.ibm.com)

Michela Taufer
David and Beverly J.C. Mills Career Development Chair
Computer and Information Sciences
Biomedical Engineering
University of Delaware

Phone: (302) 831 0071