[Citizendium-tools] Embedding video

Larry Sanger sanger-lists at citizendium.org
Fri May 2 11:29:56 EDT 2008

Stephen Ewen found:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Youtube

Great!

Eric M. Gearhart asked:
> What is needed from the "CZ tech team" to make this happen?

Well, I'll tell you as precisely as I can.  We need someone to:

* Look at the different extensions on offer via the above link.  We would
like to be able to embed videos from as many services as possible, with as
little trouble as possible, as safely as possible.  Choose the best.

* Analyze what the risks of such an extension are.  Perhaps there are no
risks, and perhaps there are big risks.

* IF the risks are tolerable (this needs discussion by the Technical Team),
then (1) upload the extension; (2) test it carefully before announcing it;
(3) write some instructions and link to them from all relevant CZ: namespace
pages; and (4) announce the availability of the new extension!

I'll bet this could be done fairly quickly by someone with the right skill
set...

I'm afraid that making the above "to do list" is all *I* can do at this
point.  But Steve or anyone else should feel free to remind us later and see
if it has moved up anybody's priority list.

--Larry