[Citizendium-tools] Wiki reskinning--any takers?

Zachary Pruckowski zachary.pruckowski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 00:46:59 EST 2008

well, a user can test ideas for CSS changes by adding lines to
User:YOURUSERNAME/monobook.css and JS changes to /monobook.js

If you go into your personal preferences, set your skin to "myskin",
you can go to User:YOURUSERNAME/myskin.css (or .js for Javascript)
and design something from the start (it's an empty skin at the moment).

To actually implement a skin change site-wide, we would make changes
to the MediaWiki:Monobook.css and .js files.  We could change the
MediaWiki:myskin.css and .js files when we have a candidate and want
to make it easier for users to "beta test" it.

Implementing a new skin in this manner can be done with CSS/HTML/JS.
Anyone can test using their own account's css files, but only admins
can alter the general site ones.  That said, anyone can read the
source for them to get inspiration.

Zach