[Citizendium-l] Wiki Research

James Sutton james.sutton at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Jun 23 13:04:22 EDT 2007

Hi there

My name is Jim Sutton and I'm undertaking research in the School of
Library, Archive, and Information Studies, UCL.

http://www.slais.ucl.ac.uk/

My research involves studying wiki usage, the reasons why individuals
use wikis and the benefits/disadvantages of using wikis to create and
manage knowledge.

I was wondering if you would agree to my analysing your contributions
to Citizendium. This will basically involve calculating how many
times you've contributed to Citizendium within the time period of a
week.

If you agree to my analysing your contributions then please email me
with your Citizendium username. I'd also be extremely grateful for
any feedback you can provide as to your reasons for using/
contributing to Citizendium.

You can submit your feedback through my online survey which I'm using
as part of my research so please feel free to complete this if you
have the time. It’s available at:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/stqa7937/survey/

My research is being carried out jointly with Melissa Terras at UCL
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/slais/melissa-terras/ . Her email address is
m.terras at ucl.ac.uk .

If you have any questions please let me know and thank you for your
time. Thanks!

Jim Sutton