[Citizendium-l] Constables: How much time does this position take

rose.parks@att.net rose.parks at att.net
Thu Jan 18 01:07:46 EST 2007

Hi Members,

   A potential constable asked me how much time I thought would be involved in being a constable. He also suggested that others might want to know.
   First, I should say that being a constable is not a "job." Most of our constables now have either another job or school. Therefore, if you have to take a day or so off, that is fine.
   Second, on a regular basis, once you know the system, being a constable might take from
one half hour to an hour a day. I would say, figure on needing 3 to 4 hours a week.

   I hope this answers the question.

                          As Ever,

                          Ruth Ifcher

                          Chief Constable