[Citizendium-l] mundane solution for Larry maybe

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Sat Sep 23 18:05:01 EDT 2006

> Why not (initially) give everyone who is subscribed to the list say as
> of 9/20/06 sysop, at the least those of us who have posted to it?

> What do you guys think?

I like it. The only thing I would add is that this should be only a
temporary system until something more long-term is in place. Sure, give us
all the bit - but take it away after, say, six months (or keep giving it
to everyone who joins). What you definitely don't want to have in your
system is a bunch of old-timers who got privileged status in the beginning
when it was really easy and then are only half-heartedly held responsible
for what they do.

Make a system that is consistent and meritocratic and doesn't alienate new
people.

Regards,
Haukur