[Citizendium-l] Showing only "verified" content

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:09:14 EDT 2006

On 21/09/06, Kim van der Linde <kim at kimvdlinde.com> wrote:

> That is why at places it has been suggested that trusted copyeditors get
> the rights to actually copyedit the verified pages for grammar, style,
> spelling etc  as long as there is a good understanding not to change the
> content. I do not see a problem with that.

You don't need to be too picky with the copyeditors if the copyedited
version doesn't go live until it's been fact-reviewed by a subject
expert. Be free and easy with copyediting and only stop people from
copyediting if they're not actually any good at writing.

(But do allow a really good editor to say to an expert "actually,
despite your deep understanding being unquestionable, that editor's a
much better writer than you." I'm sure there are ways to get that
through to people.)

- d.