[Citizendium-l] Idea for name competition!!

Phil Wardle phil_wardle at iprimus.com.au
Thu Sep 21 05:55:45 EDT 2006

I've been run ragged just moderating the content of this list and have
actually had little opportunity to closely follow many of the ideas put
forward (being too busy approving post and watching out for trolls and
other Internet nasties).

I'm pleased to say that the discussion so far has been very positive,
on-topic and polite....always a plus :-)

In regards the name of the new Information Machine though, I must also
add my voice to those who think "Citizendium" is a loser.

What might be immensely productive though, is to run a media campaign
promoting the new encyclopaedia, together with a world-wide competition
for the "best" name. I'm sure that Bill Gates or someone similar is just
dying to part with a wad of cash or whatever for the prize.

Indeed,  to be more serious for a moment, it would be an advertisers'
dream to attach themselves to a competition that has the possibility of
reaching an audience of billions.

We get the word spread...we get a good name and some company's stocks go
through the roof for backing the competition.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Phil.