[Citizendium-l] Developers Wanted: forge.citizendium.org Open

Jason Potkanski electrawn at electrawn.com
Mon Oct 23 09:10:24 EDT 2006

Reference: http://textop.org/smf/index.php?topic=158.0

I'll leak this softly... http://forge.citizendium.org is open. Developers
and developer-like types who want to help work on the pilot server
configuration and citizendium software are encouraged to go here. Posts on
the forums from this point on will be general summaries.

The site runs Gforge Advanced Server by the folks at gforgegroup.com. Gforge
is a fork of the code that runs sourceforge. If you are familiar with
Sourceforge, you'll find transitioning to Gforge just as easy.

Mediawiki extension developers are especially welcome to create their own
projects.

* One note...Subversion seems to be acting up and will be fixed very soon.
While the site allows for CVS support at the moment..we will only be
supporting/using subversion.

* We are nicknaming our customized mediawiki "caesarwiki." It may stick (I
hope not). The term derived on a conference call "If people who use
wikipedia are wikipedians, then citizendium users are CZ-ers?" And when you
pronounce CZ-ers...it sounds like caesars. [image: Roll Eyes]

* (If you groan at caesarwiki...I also joked about calling it
*C*ubic*Z*irconiawiki.)
[image: Grin]

-jtp