[Citizendium-l] Citizendium-l List usage. I vote:

Phil Wardle phil_wardle at iprimus.com.au
Tue Nov 14 00:31:11 EST 2006

Dear All,

OK, I'll have a second go at this. First, apologies that the mail
address for voting was dysfunctional. It seems there are still technical
problems with that, so I have simply changed the voting address to my
personal e-mail address (see below). Probably easier that way anyhow.

Also, it seems my instructions for voting were confusing, again
apologies, I have reworded  things to make them clearer (I hope).

So, to recap.....

A number of people have raised concerns regarding the sheer volume of
e-mails they are receiving from the lists and the fact that both
discussion and decision making are being hampered by the number of
different forums, wikis and mailing lists that we are using.

It has therefore been proposed that a poll be conducted to see if people
would prefer the lists (i.e. Citizendium-l and the Editors list) to be
used for announcements only and that, in future, discussion be directed
to the CZ Forum (with a new board set up on the Forum for Editors'
discussions).

Now I'm fully aware, from previous discussions, that people are divided
on the question of which makes for a better discussion platform suitable
for our needs...mailing lists or forums. However, in making your
decision I would ask you to bear in mind the purpose of this poll, that
is, to not only reduce information overload if possible, but also to
streamline and improve your access to information and debate regarding
the establishment and management etc. of the Citizendium.

To vote, please send a message to: phil_wardle at iprimus.com.au , using
this subject line (copy and paste).

Citizendium-l list usage. I vote:

Include at the end of the subject line either a "Yes" or a "No" without the quotation marks.

*Yes: Citizendium-l is made into an announcements-only
list, with **discussion** being conducted on the Citizendium Forums
(including new forums for editors).
*

*No: The lists are left as they are.*

* *Please feel free to add a brief explanation regarding your choice if
you so wish.

I will collate the responses and report back to this forum by early next
week.

Cheers,
Phil Wardle
List Moderator.