[Citizendium-editors] Wikipedia smaller than CZ. No, really.

Larry Sanger sanger-lists at citizendium.org
Thu Nov 1 12:22:14 EDT 2007

Someone just pointed my attention to this page

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesDatabaseWords.htm

which says that Wikipedia had 4.9 million words after its first year, in
January 2002--slightly less than what we have now.  And I still maintain
that the comparison would be more meaningful to make next March, as I said
here

http://www.citizendium.org/oneyearandthriving.html#debunk

(use your browser to search on the page for "3,200 articles after one
year").

You might counter that Wikipedia was growing faster at that point in its
career--but then, we're decidedly accelerating now, too, notwithstanding a
Halloween lull just now...

Pretty cool.

--Larry