[Citizendium-editors] .

Larry Sanger sanger-lists at citizendium.org
Mon Nov 13 02:07:36 EST 2006

[Forwarded from Phil Wardle.  We'll vote on the same question with respect
to Citizendium-Editors.]

Dear All,

A number of people have raised concerns regarding the sheer volume of
e-mails they are receiving from the lists and the fact that both discussion
and decision making are being hampered by the number of different forums,
wikis and mailing lists that we are using.

It has therefore been proposed that a poll be conducted to see if people
would prefer the lists (i.e. Citizendium-l and the Editors list) to be used
for announcements only and that, in future, discussion be directed to the CZ
Forum (with a new board set up on the Forum for Editors' discussions).

Now I'm fully aware, from previous discussions, that people are divided on
the question of which makes for a better discussion platform suitable for
our needs...mailing lists or forums. However, in making your decision I
would ask you to bear in mind the purpose of this poll, that is, to not only
reduce information overload if possible, but also to streamline and improve
your access to information and debate regarding the establishment and
management etc. of the Citizendium.

So, to vote, please send a message to vote at citizendium.org cutting and
pasting to the subject line should you chose "yes":

Rationalizing the editor discussion forums: Vote Yes

Use this subject line to vote "no":

Rationalizing the editor discussion forums: Vote No

Please feel free to add a brief explanation regarding your choice if you so
wish.

I will collate the responses and report back to this forum by the end of
this week.

Cheers,
Phil Wardle
List Moderator.